Dr. Hilal Masaed Al-Sayer
Bachelor of Medicine degree from Cairo in 1971.
Doctorate in medicine from London in 1975.
Became a fellow of three Scottish universities (Edinburgh in 1978, Aberdeen in 1983, and Glasgow with honors in 1988) and specialized in surgery from the American College of Surgeons (2001)
- Chairman of the Kuwait Red Crescent Society from 2014 - present.
- Chairman of the Dasman Diabetes Institute since 2013 - present.
- Kuwaiti Minister of Health from 2009 to 2011.
- Member of the Kuwait Red Crescent Society Board from 2002 to 2003.
- Vice Chairman of the Kuwait Red Crescent Society Board from 2003 to 2014.
- Founder and Chairman of the Kuwaiti Association for the Care of Children in Hospitals (KACCH) since 1989 - present.
- Dean of the College of Medicine at Kuwait University from 1991 to 1994.
- Visiting Professor at the Surgery Department, University of Aberdeen, from 1994 to 1999.
- Chairman of the Surgery Department, College of Medicine, Kuwait University, from 1998 to 2006.
- Chairman of the Surgery Department, Amiri Hospital, Kuwait, from 1984 to 2006.
- Honorary Doctorate in International Law from the University of Dundee, Scotland, in 2016.
- Member of the Advisory Team overseeing the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF) of the United Nations in 2016.